Crazy for Coconut Oil
Benefit your body in multiple ways by embracing the natural healing properties of virgin coconut oil. Derived from the meat of mature coconuts, this tropical oil is composed of medium-chain-length fatty acids (lauric acid), which have proven health benefits. So get crackin'!
Words by Tamer Soliman, a registered holistic nutritionist.
- Coconut oil speeds up the metabolism, increases energy levels and enhances thyroid function, which helps turn fat into energy.
- Coconut oil enhances the absorption of very important disease fighting nutrients like omega 3’s found in fish, capsicum found in colourful hot peppers and cucurmin found in turmeric.
- Coconut oil can boosts the immune system by keeping bacteria, viruses and fungi, like candida, in check. At the same time it helps maintain a healthy level of good bacteria in the gut.
- Applied daily to the skin, coconut oil strengthens the connective tissues to slow the formation of wrinkling caused by aging.
- Coconut oil is vegetarian, vegan, paleotarian, flexitarian, raw foodists, crossfitter and yogi friendly.
comments powered by Disqus